Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Iron Lion ZION


A few of my closest friends from my program came down to St. George last weekend to see Southern Utah and Zion National Park. It was so fun showing these girls the gorgeous red rock. I think it was kind of like taking kids to Disneyland for the very first time. None of them are from Utah, so they'd never seen anything like it. We had such a great time hiking around. It was the perfect weather. Loved it.

On the Shuttle.
We got up early in the morning to head to Zion.
It was actually really cold up in there during the morning hours.

Me, Kim Henderson (From California), Sara Mickleson (also from California), and Katie Olsen (from Green Bay Wisconsin)



Another classic...



Angel's Landing. Wish I could say I was brave enough to go all the way out, but I just couldn't do it. I'm a little embarrassed about it still. The idea of steep cliffs and chains just didn't do it for me.

Overall, a successful trip. Sure loved having some visitors!!

3 comments:

  1. Grace my dear! I'm not sure I found your blog... but it's nothing short of a miracle, and the fact I MIGHT have insomnia. Listen, I'm craving a trip. I also JUST finished my last day of school. How do you feel about an impromptu visitor? I am calling tomorrow and hoping you have the same number. Love you much! Whit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally have a fear of hights!! I was so freaked out when we did Angels landing...I couldn't go near the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!! Cute girls.
    Love the little peeking-out picture. Someone might definitely confuse you for a native.
    That is the best place on earth. Certainly the prettiest. I'm jealous that you got to be a tour guide for new people. It really makes you appreciate how amazing Utah is. xoxo

    ReplyDelete