Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Stressed

The word of the day/week/month: stress.

1. School Stress. I am heading into my last finals week of my life. That's right, last one ever. To help me overcome my lack of motivation, I keep reminding myself that I am one large exam and one large thesis away from my degree.



2. Job Stress. I have to find a real job. A real, full-time, benefitted, 8-5, M-F, grown-up job. Unfortunately, the market is less than fruitful these days, and there aren't a ton of opportunities for dietitians in the state of Utah.


3. Stress fracture. In my tibia. Yep. That's what I get for running on bad shoes through shin splints. This is not an image of my tibia, but it is in about the same place. It is terrible to not be able to run. I had to drop out of a half marathon this weekend, which is a bummer.


I'm not sure how long these take to heal! Anyone have any experience here? I'm already 3 weeks off, and I think it's feeling better, but I don't want to re-injure. Anyone??

Thank goodness for Diet Dr. Pepper to help me make it through the next 14 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment