Monday, February 3, 2014

Hawaii, 2013 (part 1)

There are few things that rival a trip to a warm location in the dead of winter.  Taking time off to go to Hawaii for Christmas was probably the greatest thing we have ever done.  It was a fantastic trip.  Spending time with my parents was the best part for me, but enjoying the warm climate was also pretty great.  I will have to do a follow-up post in a few days with the pictures from my phone, which I cannot seem to get on to my computer.  But this can get us started.  

We absolutely loved the mission home and playing in the pool there.  We all swam every day and then Gavin and I would swim while Gordon was napping. Lovely.  Gordon particularly loved riding on my dad's pool floatie.  


We tried to get one outing in each day, whether it was going to a beach or on a hike.  Our first hike was up to the lighthouse on the South East end of the island.  It was hot, but we had a good time.



Gordon is a beach baby.  He loved the sand (well, eating it), loved the people, and loved dipping his toes in the water.  Swimming has to be his favorite activity, whether in the tub, the pool, or the ocean.




Again, as soon as I can figure out how to get the pictures off of my phone, I'll post more.  

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment