Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Emerald City

It was a last minute trip. I decided to go not 12 hours before departure. The conditions were right. I only missed one class.

And aside from an outrageously expensive speeding ticket in the great state of Oregon,
It was perfect weekend.

What a city.
For the small amount of time I was there, I feel like I got a good feel of the place...
and I LOVE it!!
I didn't feel a drop of rain the entire time.
I don't know what everyone complains about...

"It rains nine months out of the year in Seattle."

Pike Place Market. Ate mini donuts, hot fresh out of the oil and sprinkled with cinnamon & sugar. Had non-seafood chowder at Market Chowder. It was delicious. Had a grilled cheese from Beechers. Even managed to score some of the gorgeous dahlias that were for sale!


Bainbridge Island.
Sigh.
What an incredible place.
Hydrangea were growing wild everywhere. It was sunny and quiet. Dinner on the water at Doc's. And, I had the best ice cream of my life at a little place called Mora's. Bainbridge probably was the highlight for me.

The cool grey of the northwest.

Mariner's game. $0.50 tickets...14th row. Booyah.


Of course, made it to the Chi Omega House on UW campus. (Pictured in back. It was huge.)
I'm flashing my X-O ring just to prove I'm legit.


1 comment:

  1. FUN! Looks like a fabulous city. It makes me want to watch Sleepless in Seattle with you ...

    ReplyDelete