Thursday, January 20, 2011

Grace and Grace

For years, I have been enjoying recipes from the famous Ivory "Favorites" cookbook. I'm talking serious Warner family classic dinners that have hailed from the pages of this thing. Delightful, delicious recipes. I honestly believe that everyone should own one.


So recently, when I found out that there was a follow-up cookbook, "Keeping Up," I was eager to get my hands on a copy. Thanks to the Boyer girls for the tip! They regularly post recipes from this book, and luckily, my mom gave me a copy for Christmas. We were pretty excited to get cooking and it wasn't long before we were 3 or 4 recipes in and loving every bite of it. So, my mom and I have decided to take our own Julie and Julia-like adventure and cook our way through "Keeping Up." Grace and Grace: Grace Warner and Grace Ivory Rock. (Sans the blog.)


So far, it's a total success! We make a new recipe almost 4 out of 7 nights a week, and have yet to be anything but delighted. I'll report when we finish, but in the mean time, I totally recommend purchasing one of these babies. Trust me. You'll be very glad you did!

5 comments:

  1. OH MAN I GOT TO GET ME A COPY OF THAT ONE!! Thanks for posting this Grace...cute idea. We love the Favorites here too. In fact I just made Southwestern Chicken Spaghetti last night for dinner. I think I have made like half the recipes in the book. SO GOOD! PLEASE blog about your favs. I would love to hear what you have made!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to burst the balloon, but I tried the swiss potatoes and carrots and just can't make it taste good for anything. I love scalloped potatoes but this one didn't work for me.

    The mini-melts, however, are my new super-fast dinner and my next party food.

    Love to "Keep Up."

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. this looks tempting. love it. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cookbook. It's absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to get that book!! I must soon!

    ReplyDelete